Biophysicist researcher with SPR knowledges (M/F)
Type of contract
NovAliX is a company specialized in external research (medicinal chemistry,
protein crystallography, process R&D). NovAliX offers a complete range of
services in the field of research and development of small molecules. The
company has a team of 100 scientists.
The position is based in Braine l’Alleud (Bruxelles area).
You will join a group of 7 biochemists/biophysicians which supports pre-clinical projects.
Under the supervision of a senior scientist, you will contribute to projects aiming at probing/improving drug-target interactions. You will be expected to:
– Design and/or execute a variety of biophysics/biochemical assays utilizing appropriate protocols with minimal guidance of the senior scientist.
– Conduct autonomously primary and secondary screenings to support SAR studies using robotic platforms.
– Troubleshoot experimental issues.
– Assist the senior scientist for the data analysis using adequately described mathematical models (Excel & Graphpad Prism).
– Provide written accurate reporting.
You should have a PhD degree in biophysics, life science, biochemistry, in vitro pharmacology or any other related area with a min. of 3 years’ experience in the pharma industry, during which you have deepened and widened your practical & theoretical knowledge in developing and running biophysics assays in the fields of enzymology, receptology or transporters.
Most importantly, you can demonstrate a solid bench expertise in SPR. Knowledges in MS would be an asset. Some background in cellular and biochemical assays would be a plus, as well as notions in automation.
We are seeking an enthusiastic scientist, enjoying bench work, who has a keen sense of responsibility and who is able to work independently in experimental execution and data analysis.
The candidate is expected to be highly rigorous, reliable, organized and capable of multitasking in an environment with changing priorities.