Research associate in cellular and biochemical assays (M/F)
June 1st 2020
Type of contract
NovAliX is a contract research organization of 120+ employees providing expert driven innovative outsourcing and insourcing research services for drug discovery. NovAliX offers to the pharmaceutical industry a complete range of services spanning Biophysics, Biochemistry, Structural Biology, Chemistry & Drug Discovery. The position is based at one of our client’s site located in Braine L’Alleud, 30 km south of Brussels (Belgium).
Brussel Area, Belgium
You will join a group of 7 biochemists which supports pre-clinical projects.
Under the supervision of a senior scientist, you will contribute to projects aiming at probing/improving drug-target interactions. You will be expected to:
- Design and/or execute a variety of cellular (including HCA/HCS) and biochemical assays utilizing appropriate protocols with minimal guidance of the senior scientist.
- Conduct autonomously primary and secondary screenings to support SAR studies using robotic platforms.
- Troubleshoot experimental issues.
- Assist the senior scientist for the data analysis using adequately described mathematical models (Excel & Graphpad Prism).
- Provide written accurate reporting.
You should have a Master degree in life science, biochemistry, in vitro pharmacology, cell biology or any other related area with a min. of 2-3 years’ experience in the pharma industry, during which you have deepened and widened your practical & theoretical knowledge in developing and running cellular & biochemical assays in the fields of enzymology and receptor or transporter pharmacology.
Most importantly, you can demonstrate a solid bench expertise in a variety of cellular and biochemical approaches such as high content imaging, luminescent assays, FRET/BRET, ELISA and/or western blot. Proficiencies in biophysical techniques (SPR) would be an asset, as well as knowledges in automation.
We are seeking an enthusiastic scientist, enjoying bench work, who has a keen sense of responsibility and who is able to work independently in experimental execution and data analysis.
The candidate is expected to be highly rigorous, reliable, organized and capable of multitasking in an environment with changing priorities.