Research scientist in flow-chemistry (M/F)
As soon as possible
Type of contract
NovAliX is a contract research organization of 130+ employees providing expert driven innovative outsourcing and insourcing research services for drug discovery. NovAliX offers to the pharmaceutical industry a complete range of services spanning Biophysics, Biochemistry, Structural Biology, Chemistry & Drug Discovery. The position is based at one of our client’s site located in Braine l’Alleud, Brussels area (Belgium).
The position is based in Brussels area.
You will join an insourcing team in which you will contribute to move forward the research programs. You will be expected to:
- Develop robust synthetic routes and synthetize drug candidates and intermediates using the client’s panel of tools and platforms.
- Combine cutting-edge technologies like electrochemistry, in-line analysis and purification, flow chemistry, photoredox chemistry (…) to develop integrated systems for automatized production of small molecules.
- Develop synthetic processes in flow chemistry.
- Work in the interplay of many disciplines such as organic synthesis, purification and information technologies (IT) to develop systems adapted their needs.
- Report your work to your management and to our client.
- Communicate with external partners in the context of academic collaborations.
The position requires:
- Master or engineer or PhD degree in chemistry.
- Synthetic chemistry background with knowledge in analysis and purification of small molecules.
- Strong experience with flow-chemistry and its application for photochemistry, electrochemistry , etc.
- Excellent laboratory skills; meticulous in execution.
- Strong analytical, communicative and organizational skills; the candidate should be proactive and flexible (i.e. tolerate changes in priorities and directions).
- Appetence for new technologies applied to chemistry, including IT.
- Good knowledge of English both spoken and written. Speaking French is an asset.