Team leader in cellular and biochemical assays (M/F)
Start of contract
As soon as possible
Type of contract
NovAliX is a contract research organization of 120+ employees providing expert driven innovative outsourcing and insourcing research services for drug discovery. NovAliX offers to the pharmaceutical industry a complete range of services spanning Biophysics, Biochemistry, Structural Biology, Chemistry & Drug Discovery. The position is based at one of our client’s site located in Braine L’Alleud, 30 km south of Brussels (Belgium).
You will lead a group of 6 biochemists which supports pre-clinical projects.
In this context, you will supervise and contribute to all projects conducted within your team to deliver to the client high quality data and interpretations. You will be expected to :
- Design and/or execute a variety of robust cellular and biochemical assays.
- Set/conduct primary and secondary screenings to support SAR studies using robotic platforms.
- Troubleshoot experimental issues.
- Analyze data using adequately described mathematical models (Graphpad).
- Guaranteeing the client satisfaction regarding the data delivery and the timelines.
- Provide written accurate reporting to the customer but also to NovAliX headquarter.
- Manage your team to allow each of them to flourish at work.
- Fluent in English.
Profile & experience
You should have a PhD in life science, biochemistry, in vitro pharmacology, cell biology or any other related area with a min. of 5 years’ experience in the pharma industry, during which you have deepened and widened your practical & theoretical knowledge in developing and running cellular & biochemical assays in the fields of enzymology, receptology or transporters.
Most importantly, you can demonstrate a solid bench expertise in a variety of cellular and biochemical approaches such as luminescent assays, FRET/BRET, ELISA and/or western blot. Proficiencies in other biophysical (SPR), cellular image-based or molecular biology techniques would be an asset, as well as knowledges in automation.
We are seeking an enthusiastic scientist, who has a keen sense of responsibility and a great leadership. In addition, you should have an excellent communication skill to establish fruitful and trustable relationships with clients and colleagues.
The candidate is expected to be highly rigorous, reliable, organized and capable of multitasking in an environment with changing priorities.