Team Leader – Process chemist (M/F)
As soon as possible
Type of contract
NovAliX is a contract research organization of 140+ employees providing expert driven innovative outsourcing and insourcing research services for drug discovery. NovAliX offers to the pharmaceutical industry a complete range of services spanning Biophysics, Biochemistry, Structural Biology, Chemistry & Drug Discovery. The position is based near Brussels (Belgium).
Brussel Area, Belgium
You will lead a group of chemists which supports process projects.
In this context, you will supervise and contribute to all projects conducted within your team to deliver to the client high quality data and interpretations. You will be expected to:
- Managing your projects and exchanging information with all stakeholders (medicinal chemistry, commercial manufacturing …).
- Participating in route selection/ process identification for different compounds from candidate selection to late stage development.
- Devising and executing experiments to optimize processes and ensure their robustness.
- Analysing/interpreting complex experimental results.
- Troubleshoot experimental issues.
- Making aware of the Green chemistry principles and of their application to the design and development of sustainable API manufacturing processes.
- Making aware of the pharmaceutical industry regulatory environment (cGMP requirements, ICH guidelines or other industry regulatory requirements).
- Guaranteeing the client satisfaction regarding the data delivery and the timelines.
- Provide written accurate reporting to the customer but also to NovAliX headquarter.
- Manage your team to allow each of them to flourish at work.
You have a PhD in organic chemistry, with at least 4 years’ previous experience in a process chemistry environment in Pharma or Fine Chemical industry. You have experience with analytical tools (HPLC/UPLC, GC, MS, NMR), interpretation of analytical date and DoE softwares (e.g. JMP).
We are seeking a person who:
- speaks fluently English and French
- has knowledge of Design of Experiments (DoE), Process Analytical Technology (PAT) and the princples of Quality by Design (QbD)
- has an excellent knowledge in general organic chemistry both theoretical and practical
- has experience in crystallisation development solid state studies
We are seeking an enthusiastic scientist, who has a keen sense of responsibility and a great leadership. In addition, you should have an excellent communication skill to establish fruitful and trustable relationships with clients and colleagues.
The candidate is expected to be highly rigorous, reliable, organized and capable of multitasking in an environment with changing priorities.