Technician in oncology/immunology (M/F)
As soon as possible
Type of contract
NovAliX is a contract research organization of 120+ employees providing expert driven innovative outsourcing and insourcing research services for drug discovery. NovAliX offers to the pharmaceutical industry a complete range of services spanning Biophysics, Biochemistry, Structural Biology, Chemistry & Drug Discovery. The position is based at one of our client’s site located in Leuven, 30 km east of Brussels (Belgium).
Leuven Area, Belgium
You will join a young start-up in which you will contribute to move forward the research programs on liver cancers. You will be expected to:
- Maintain cell cultures.
- Perform diverse cell-based assays and read-outs on a routine Schedule.
- Document and analyze experimental data.
- File the lab notebooks.
- Contribute to the development of new assays.
- Troubleshoot experimental issues.
- Present results to colleagues and assist in the preparation of study reports, patents and publications as required.
- General lab management duties (ordering, equipment maintenance, waste management, …).
The position requires:
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field: cell biology, biotechnology, life science, …
- At least two years of experience in an Oncology or Immunology lab; experience in industry is a plus.
- Experience with cell culture, cell-based assays, ELISA, Western blot and basic molecular biology techniques, such as qPCR is highly desirable.
- Experience in compound screening is recommended.
- Excellent laboratory skills; meticulous in execution.
- Strong analytical, communicative and organizational skills; the candidate should be proactive and flexible (i.e. tolerate changes in priorities and directions).
- Good knowledge of English both spoken and written. Speaking Dutch is an asset.
- Proven vaccination status for hepatitis B virus.